Sunday, December 14, 2008

Under World

This is a Cave located in Kingsport, I have heard of it for many years. If it has a name I am unaware of it. A few years ago while my son was setting a geocache (www.geocaching.com), we went exploring.

This is my friend Earl at the entrance of the cave.

This is a small room off to the left when you get down to the bottom of the cave.
Earl and my son John with graffiti on the walls of the cave. No dates so have no ideal how long it has been there. There were numerous items of trash in there. A water heater sticks out in my mind that was left there.
Coming back out of the cave. It was a hard climb almost as bad as coming in.
The area is full of caves. They are just on private property and to small to go in.
They are public caverns in the area: Bristol has Bristol Caverns www.bristolcaverns.com/, Blountville has Appalachian Caverns www.appalachiancaverns.com.